The Very Inspiring Blogger award is kind of like the SAG award of blogging. Nominations come from the wonderful blogging community, and it’s really
nice heartwarming AWESOME to be recognized by your peers.
I wanted to take a few minutes to pass on the goodwill and tell you about 3 blogs that I love and why I love them. Here goes:
1) The Old Fellow Goes Running – I was nominated for this award by the Old Fellow. Thank you, Old Fellow, so very much! Carl (the Old Fellow) is one tough dude, and I love his posts about long jogs through beautiful Simcoe County. He also ran a marathon on a busted ankle, and managed to finish with a really solid time. If that’s not inspirational, I don’t know what is. Carl, hats off to you!
2) Running Heartless – Like the Old Fellow, this girl is a tough cookie. She just completed the Couch to 5K program, and is on her way to completing the 10K. I love this blog because she is so resilient. I encourage you to read about her journey, because she is a fighter. She’s on her way to running the Disney Half Marathon in 2015, and I know she’ll do great.
3) Lyttle Lamb – SFR might not have existed were it not for LL’s encouragement. She’s one of my best friends in real life, and one well dressed lady. Her blog will put a smile on your face, and maybe some new clothes on your back! Be sure to check her out, you won’t be disappointed.
Without further adieu, I shall accept the award by answering the requisite questions (okay, Old Fellow, I know I’m only answering a few of them, forgive me, I’m so busy dealing with feels that I’ve lost my wit):
1) Backpack or suitcase?
2) Name 2 things you are most passionate about in life?
Two (of many) are my lagomorphs, Dean Martin O’Hare and Maggie “Tribble” O’Hare (Maggie snores, but that’s for another post)
3) If you had the opportunity to meet 1 celebrity in your lifetime, who would it be?
Walter Matthau, so that I can ask him for the rights to his name
4) What genre of music do you prefer, and list 2 of your favourite musicians?
Can’t boil it down to 2, but here’s a pic of my playlist from my first 10k (go ahead, make fun of me, I know ya’ll love The Final Countdown):
5) What is the 1 blog post you have written, that you are most proud of?
I like my first post, In pursuit of the gazelle. It’s a good summary of who I am, how I became a runner, and what motivates me to keep going:
To finish off this week’s post, I’d like to tell you about my nominee for the Very Inspiring Blogger award, Fill Your Own Glass. I can describe this blog in 1 word – LOVELY. Her posts are honest, well-written, and always about a subject one can identify with. Her most recent post, I don’t know why, I just do, had me smiling the whole way through. If ever you’re having a bad day, check her blog out. You’ll be smiling in no time. FYOG, you inspire me! 🙂
Ok, that’s about enough feels for me today. Stay tuned for next week’s post, when I’ll return to my regularly-scheduled storytelling and stick people.
Psst! You can receive automatic updates whenever there’s a new post on See Fleck Run! To follow me, in the bottom right corner of my page, click Follow.